Don't cry for Evita
THE SMASH hit musical Evita, made famous by the Oscar winning film starring Madonna, is coming to Southend. Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber s Evita brings to life the dynamic persona of Eva Peron, wife of former Argentine dictator Juan Peron. It follows
THE SMASH hit musical Evita, made famous by the Oscar winning film starring Madonna, is coming to Southend.
Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber's Evita brings to life the dynamic persona of Eva Peron, wife of former Argentine dictator Juan Peron. It follows Eva's rise from young and ambitions beginnings to enormous wealth, power and finally sainthood.
The brand new production features some of the most famous and inspiring stage music ever written, including classic songs 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina', 'On This Night of a Thousand Stars' and 'You Must Love Me'.
It stars West End performer Rachael Wooding as Eva and Seamus Cullen, a finalist of TV talent show Any Dream Will Do, as Che Guevara.
You may also want to watch:
Evita runs at the Cliffs Pavilion from August 25 to September 5. Tickets cost from �21.50 (concessions �18.50). Call the box office on 01702 351135.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya