Don't cry for Evita
THE SMASH hit musical Evita, made famous by the Oscar winning film starring Madonna, is coming to Southend. Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber s Evita brings to life the dynamic persona of Eva Peron, wife of former Argentine dictator Juan Peron. It follows
THE SMASH hit musical Evita, made famous by the Oscar winning film starring Madonna, is coming to Southend.
Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber's Evita brings to life the dynamic persona of Eva Peron, wife of former Argentine dictator Juan Peron. It follows Eva's rise from young and ambitions beginnings to enormous wealth, power and finally sainthood.
The brand new production features some of the most famous and inspiring stage music ever written, including classic songs 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina', 'On This Night of a Thousand Stars' and 'You Must Love Me'.
It stars West End performer Rachael Wooding as Eva and Seamus Cullen, a finalist of TV talent show Any Dream Will Do, as Che Guevara.
You may also want to watch:
Evita runs at the Cliffs Pavilion from August 25 to September 5. Tickets cost from �21.50 (concessions �18.50). Call the box office on 01702 351135.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 3 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild