Dorian Gray (15)
ETERNAL beauty, everlasting youth, celebrity – he has it all. But at an unexpected price. Oliver Parker s gripping adaptation of Oscar Wilde s gothic novel, DORIAN GRAY (15) st
ETERNAL beauty, everlasting youth, celebrity - he has it all. But at an unexpected price.
Oliver Parker's gripping adaptation of Oscar Wilde's gothic novel, DORIAN GRAY (15) stars Ben Barnes in the title role, supported by Colin Firth, Rebecca Hall and Ben Chaplin.
When a strikingly beautiful but na�ve young Dorian arrives in Victorian London, he is swept into a social whirlwind by the charismatic Henry Wotton, who introduces him to the hedonistic pleasures of the city.
Henry's friend, society artist Basil Hallward paints a portrait of Dorian to capture the full power of his youthful beauty and when it's unveiled the young man makes a flippant pledge: he would give anything to stay as young and attractive as he is in the picture - even his soul.
You may also want to watch:
Over time he realises that the portrait is manifesting his depravity and debauchery while his own beautiful face goes unmarked by his deeds. So it is locked away in the attic.
His friends age, but Dorian retains his youthful appearance.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
But he becomes haunted by the monstrous painting in the attic.
His fear and paranoia grow as rumours of his misdeeds circulate.
As Dorian's last chance for love and redemption is threatened, he is forced to risk his own immortality.