Double bubble for Catchpole
WEST HAM BC youngsters showed their class when they collected London Junior ABA titles at York Hall recently and have now set their sights on national bids. There was a double victory for Hammers class six 66kg entry Joe Catchpole (left), as he blazed a t
WEST HAM BC youngsters showed their class when they collected London Junior ABA titles at York Hall recently and have now set their sights on national bids.
There was a double victory for Hammers class six 66kg entry Joe Catchpole (left), as he blazed a trail to title success.
He showed bright form in a semi-final triumph over John O'Donnell (New Addington) and just 24 hours later, returned to the York Hall ring for the final.
Haseem Mohamed (All Stars) had the benefit of a bye in the semi-final, but it did not help him the the final, when rival Catchpole again showed his dominance to take the London title.
In a class four 54kg clash, Chris Smith (West Ham) made sure of another London title win beating Ken Ramadan (All Stars).
There was another Hammers success from Charlie Hoy when he made sure of the class six 50kg crown, beating Joe McCully (Bexley) on the judges' verdict.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 7 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 8 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
The winning Hammers now go forward to face the Home Counties champions in the national pre-quarter-final tournament.