Double bubble for Catchpole
WEST HAM BC youngsters showed their class when they collected London Junior ABA titles at York Hall recently and have now set their sights on national bids. There was a double victory for Hammers class six 66kg entry Joe Catchpole (left), as he blazed a t
WEST HAM BC youngsters showed their class when they collected London Junior ABA titles at York Hall recently and have now set their sights on national bids.
There was a double victory for Hammers class six 66kg entry Joe Catchpole (left), as he blazed a trail to title success.
He showed bright form in a semi-final triumph over John O'Donnell (New Addington) and just 24 hours later, returned to the York Hall ring for the final.
Haseem Mohamed (All Stars) had the benefit of a bye in the semi-final, but it did not help him the the final, when rival Catchpole again showed his dominance to take the London title.
You may also want to watch:
In a class four 54kg clash, Chris Smith (West Ham) made sure of another London title win beating Ken Ramadan (All Stars).
There was another Hammers success from Charlie Hoy when he made sure of the class six 50kg crown, beating Joe McCully (Bexley) on the judges' verdict.
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 3 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 6 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 7 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
The winning Hammers now go forward to face the Home Counties champions in the national pre-quarter-final tournament.