Driver's frenzied road chase
A CRAZED motorist chased a pedestrian along the pavement in a huge 4x4 before crushing the car where the man had taken cover. The driver of a black KIA Sorrento SUV dangerously mounted the footpath and sped after the terrified man, who jumped into a frien
A CRAZED motorist chased a pedestrian along the pavement in a huge 4x4 before crushing the car where the man had taken cover.
The driver of a black KIA Sorrento SUV dangerously mounted the footpath and sped after the terrified man, who jumped into a friend's waiting Astra.
In a bid to escape the Astra drove off down Whalebone Lane South, Dagenham, but the 4x4 chased it and rammed the car from behind, sending them into as row of parked cars.
The SUV then repeatedly reversed into the bronze coloured Astra, containing the terrified driver and passenger, writing the car off completely.
Then the 4x4 driver sped off, knocking over traffic bollards at the Fiddlers junction, and disappeared down Marston Avenue, just past Morrisons supermarket.
Police say the carnage was caused in the early hours of Monday July 13, about 5am, in Whalebone Lane South at the junction with Stanley Avenue.
- 1 Man in 50s in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 4 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 9 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 10 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
Investigating officers are appealing to anyone who witnessed the attack or has any information about the incidents to come forward.
Call Detective Tim White on 0208 217 5535 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.