Dudley gets the call for a shot at the Americans
WEST HAM S Dudley O Shaughnessy has been selected for international action when a mixed England squad takes on the visiting United States team in a Sunday show at York Hall, Bethnal Green. The talented boxer (pictured) is called up for the home team at 69
WEST HAM'S Dudley O'Shaughnessy has been selected for international action when a mixed England squad takes on the visiting United States team in a Sunday show at York Hall, Bethnal Green.
The talented boxer (pictured) is called up for the home team at 69kg on the show which includes male and female contests.
It is a chance for the 20-year-old Canning Town boxer to continue his amateur ambitions after reaching the National ABA finals with a string of impressive displays earlier this year.
FAIRBAIRN BC entry Jacob Basi moved through the finals of the national novice championships at the Five Star BC, Harold Hill, on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Facing Joe Bolton from Beringsfield BC, he boxed really well, with good controlled attacks, scoring with jabs and right crosses.
Basi picked up a warning in the last round for dropping his shoulder too low when inside, but he won comfortably on points.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 8 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 9 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 10 Sam Ling inspires Dagenham to Southend victory
ARAN BASI featured in the best bout of the night at the Fairbairn club show staged at the Prince Regent Hotel, Chigwell, on Friday night.
He was narrowly outpointed by Bradley Page (Margate) in a bout that won a special award sponsored by C & M Insurance.
In a show limited to just six contests, Fairbairn's Kam Singh lost on points to Charlie Warr (Southend) in a very close contest.
Anthony McDonagh faced Louis Pettingale of Epsom & Ewell, who piled on the pressure and finished a good winner. Fairbairn's Chris Lawrence defeated Margate's Ray Aylette, taking a points verdict in a very lively contest.
Musa Hassan was another home club winner, beating Jack Boyle of Epsom & Ewell on points, and always looked in control of the contest.
HENRY JOHNSON of Newham BC scored his second win in two weeks, confidently piling up the points for a victory over Pat Brian (Epsom) on the Fairbairn BC show on Friday night.
Clubmate Richard David moved through his semi-final in the NE London Novices competition with a good win over Alma's John Smith.
However, in the final, powerful Repton recruit Carlos Dwyer proved too good as he slammed a first-round victory.