Dulson is back in super style
CLUB champion Rob Dulson fared best of the five Hainault riders at the Eastern Counties Cycling Association 10-mile time trial in Cambridgeshire on Saturday. Dulson crossed the line in 23 minutes and 56 seconds in his first race of the season. It was a h
CLUB champion Rob Dulson fared best of the five Hainault riders at the Eastern Counties Cycling Association 10-mile time trial in Cambridgeshire on Saturday.
Dulson crossed the line in 23 minutes and 56 seconds in his first race of the season.
"It was a hard day with a strong cross wind on the way out and no respite for the return leg," he said.
Just over half a minute slower was Mark Steers, riding his fixed-wheel machine, to record 24.28. Chris Tomkins secured a personal best time of 25.21 for this distance, while Paul Gee and Paul Emery stopped the clock with creditable times of 26.55 and 29.36 respectively.
The event was won by Lee Bark of Stowmarket and District CC with a time of 21.17.
The following day, the Hainault Roads club were in Essex for the Lea Valley 25-mile time trial.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 7 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 8 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
Starting in the village of Ugley, Hainault fast man Ian Short took third place overall with a blistering 57.00 for the 25 mile distance.
Chris Tomkins, clearly on form, managed to shave four-and-a-half minutes from his previous efforts on this course to record a time of 1:04.40.
Dean Lubin, riding for PCA Ciclos Uno, continued his winning streak taking the event in an outstanding 55.55.