Dulson is back in super style
CLUB champion Rob Dulson fared best of the five Hainault riders at the Eastern Counties Cycling Association 10-mile time trial in Cambridgeshire on Saturday. Dulson crossed the line in 23 minutes and 56 seconds in his first race of the season. It was a h
CLUB champion Rob Dulson fared best of the five Hainault riders at the Eastern Counties Cycling Association 10-mile time trial in Cambridgeshire on Saturday.
Dulson crossed the line in 23 minutes and 56 seconds in his first race of the season.
"It was a hard day with a strong cross wind on the way out and no respite for the return leg," he said.
Just over half a minute slower was Mark Steers, riding his fixed-wheel machine, to record 24.28. Chris Tomkins secured a personal best time of 25.21 for this distance, while Paul Gee and Paul Emery stopped the clock with creditable times of 26.55 and 29.36 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The event was won by Lee Bark of Stowmarket and District CC with a time of 21.17.
The following day, the Hainault Roads club were in Essex for the Lea Valley 25-mile time trial.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 8 Margaret Hodge: 'This government has made a bleak winter certain'
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Starting in the village of Ugley, Hainault fast man Ian Short took third place overall with a blistering 57.00 for the 25 mile distance.
Chris Tomkins, clearly on form, managed to shave four-and-a-half minutes from his previous efforts on this course to record a time of 1:04.40.
Dean Lubin, riding for PCA Ciclos Uno, continued his winning streak taking the event in an outstanding 55.55.