Dulson is back in super style
CLUB champion Rob Dulson fared best of the five Hainault riders at the Eastern Counties Cycling Association 10-mile time trial in Cambridgeshire on Saturday. Dulson crossed the line in 23 minutes and 56 seconds in his first race of the season. It was a h
CLUB champion Rob Dulson fared best of the five Hainault riders at the Eastern Counties Cycling Association 10-mile time trial in Cambridgeshire on Saturday.
Dulson crossed the line in 23 minutes and 56 seconds in his first race of the season.
"It was a hard day with a strong cross wind on the way out and no respite for the return leg," he said.
Just over half a minute slower was Mark Steers, riding his fixed-wheel machine, to record 24.28. Chris Tomkins secured a personal best time of 25.21 for this distance, while Paul Gee and Paul Emery stopped the clock with creditable times of 26.55 and 29.36 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The event was won by Lee Bark of Stowmarket and District CC with a time of 21.17.
The following day, the Hainault Roads club were in Essex for the Lea Valley 25-mile time trial.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 2 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
Starting in the village of Ugley, Hainault fast man Ian Short took third place overall with a blistering 57.00 for the 25 mile distance.
Chris Tomkins, clearly on form, managed to shave four-and-a-half minutes from his previous efforts on this course to record a time of 1:04.40.
Dean Lubin, riding for PCA Ciclos Uno, continued his winning streak taking the event in an outstanding 55.55.