Dulson is back in super style
CLUB champion Rob Dulson fared best of the five Hainault riders at the Eastern Counties Cycling Association 10-mile time trial in Cambridgeshire on Saturday. Dulson crossed the line in 23 minutes and 56 seconds in his first race of the season. It was a h
CLUB champion Rob Dulson fared best of the five Hainault riders at the Eastern Counties Cycling Association 10-mile time trial in Cambridgeshire on Saturday.
Dulson crossed the line in 23 minutes and 56 seconds in his first race of the season.
"It was a hard day with a strong cross wind on the way out and no respite for the return leg," he said.
Just over half a minute slower was Mark Steers, riding his fixed-wheel machine, to record 24.28. Chris Tomkins secured a personal best time of 25.21 for this distance, while Paul Gee and Paul Emery stopped the clock with creditable times of 26.55 and 29.36 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The event was won by Lee Bark of Stowmarket and District CC with a time of 21.17.
The following day, the Hainault Roads club were in Essex for the Lea Valley 25-mile time trial.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
Starting in the village of Ugley, Hainault fast man Ian Short took third place overall with a blistering 57.00 for the 25 mile distance.
Chris Tomkins, clearly on form, managed to shave four-and-a-half minutes from his previous efforts on this course to record a time of 1:04.40.
Dean Lubin, riding for PCA Ciclos Uno, continued his winning streak taking the event in an outstanding 55.55.