Duo earn wins
FOREST GATE S Mantis Kickboxers Gzim Nikaj and Blerim Pjetri celebrated at the weekend after victories at the South West London Kickboxing Championship. Pjetri captured the British BIKMA Middleweight Kickboxing Crown after a stunning victory over Duane G
FOREST GATE'S Mantis Kickboxers Gzim Nikaj and Blerim Pjetri celebrated at the weekend after victories at the South West London Kickboxing Championship.
Pjetri captured the British BIKMA Middleweight Kickboxing Crown after a stunning victory over Duane Green.
The talented fighter put together a good array of skills to dazzle his much larger opponent, before eventually stopping him in round three to claim the belt.
Champion Pjetri is now the proud holder of both the BIKMA and ISKA British Middleweight Kickboxing titles.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the bouts on the night had to be rescheduled, which left Mantis fighter Gzim Nikaj displaying good footwork to score an impressive points win over his opponent from south London.
The event co-run by Scorpion Kickboxing and Ninja Freestyle, raised proceeds for the Daisy Garland Trust for children suffering from epilepsy.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
Blerim and Gzim came to the Mantis Kickboxing gym as part of a programme run by the Shpressa Program.