Duo earn wins
FOREST GATE S Mantis Kickboxers Gzim Nikaj and Blerim Pjetri celebrated at the weekend after victories at the South West London Kickboxing Championship. Pjetri captured the British BIKMA Middleweight Kickboxing Crown after a stunning victory over Duane G
FOREST GATE'S Mantis Kickboxers Gzim Nikaj and Blerim Pjetri celebrated at the weekend after victories at the South West London Kickboxing Championship.
Pjetri captured the British BIKMA Middleweight Kickboxing Crown after a stunning victory over Duane Green.
The talented fighter put together a good array of skills to dazzle his much larger opponent, before eventually stopping him in round three to claim the belt.
Champion Pjetri is now the proud holder of both the BIKMA and ISKA British Middleweight Kickboxing titles.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the bouts on the night had to be rescheduled, which left Mantis fighter Gzim Nikaj displaying good footwork to score an impressive points win over his opponent from south London.
The event co-run by Scorpion Kickboxing and Ninja Freestyle, raised proceeds for the Daisy Garland Trust for children suffering from epilepsy.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Ban on antisocial behaviour around Dagenham Heathway station extended
- 3 Timeline: When false widow spiders have come to east London
- 4 NHS trust to run online consultations on new clinical strategy
- 5 Former Ford apprentices reunite at college - some after nearly five decades
- 6 Ex-footballer, Ford strike leader and Iranian embassy siege cop awarded Barking and Dagenham's highest accolade
- 7 Timeline: Who was Stephen Port and when were his murders uncovered?
- 8 Domestic abuse support hub opens in Barking
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 10 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
Blerim and Gzim came to the Mantis Kickboxing gym as part of a programme run by the Shpressa Program.