Duo earn wins
FOREST GATE S Mantis Kickboxers Gzim Nikaj and Blerim Pjetri celebrated at the weekend after victories at the South West London Kickboxing Championship. Pjetri captured the British BIKMA Middleweight Kickboxing Crown after a stunning victory over Duane G
FOREST GATE'S Mantis Kickboxers Gzim Nikaj and Blerim Pjetri celebrated at the weekend after victories at the South West London Kickboxing Championship.
Pjetri captured the British BIKMA Middleweight Kickboxing Crown after a stunning victory over Duane Green.
The talented fighter put together a good array of skills to dazzle his much larger opponent, before eventually stopping him in round three to claim the belt.
Champion Pjetri is now the proud holder of both the BIKMA and ISKA British Middleweight Kickboxing titles.
Some of the bouts on the night had to be rescheduled, which left Mantis fighter Gzim Nikaj displaying good footwork to score an impressive points win over his opponent from south London.
The event co-run by Scorpion Kickboxing and Ninja Freestyle, raised proceeds for the Daisy Garland Trust for children suffering from epilepsy.
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 3 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 4 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Energy price cap rise could push 'thousands of local people' into fuel poverty, MP claims
- 7 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 8 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 9 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 10 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
Blerim and Gzim came to the Mantis Kickboxing gym as part of a programme run by the Shpressa Program.