Dyer close to a first-team start
WE VE seen two appearances of less than 10 minutes and now one of about 20 and we all were impressed with the latest comeback of West Ham midfielder Kieron Dyer, but Hammers fans are eagerly anticipating the day when he starts a game again in claret and b
WE'VE seen two appearances of less than 10 minutes and now one of about 20 and we all were impressed with the latest comeback of West Ham midfielder Kieron Dyer, but Hammers fans are eagerly anticipating the day when he starts a game again in claret and blue.
The �6million signing from Newcastle has made just two starts since his arrival, and one of those lasted only 13 minutes as he suffered a double fracture of his leg against Bristol Rovers in August 2007.
Now, manager Gianfranco Zola thinks the time to throw Dyer in at the deep end is not far away.
"For Kieron it is just a matter of physical condition," exp-lained the boss.
"He is getting better and better and I am looking forward to giving him more time on the pitch - it is just a matter of patience."
He continued: "He is working very well, his attitude is good and it won't be long, it won't be long."
- 1 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 2 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 3 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 4 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 5 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 6 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
Dyer may have to stay on the bench at Villa Park, but the home game against Chelsea on April 25, may well be the one for his return.