Dyer’s on the mend
THERE are positive vibes coming from Chadwell Heath about the fitness of West Ham midfielder Kieron Dyer. The 30-year-old, who cost the Hammers �6million when he signed from Newcastle United in the summer of 2007, missed all but three games of last season
THERE are positive vibes coming from Chadwell Heath about the fitness of West Ham midfielder Kieron Dyer.
The 30-year-old, who cost the Hammers �6million when he signed from Newcastle United in the summer of 2007, missed all but three games of last season after breaking his leg in two places, while this time round he has managed only two substitute appearances.
The former England international certainly impressed on his return this season, before breaking down with another injury, and manager Gianfranco Zola is keen to see him back.
The West Ham boss said: "Kieron had another operation which went very well and it wasn't a big thing.
You may also want to watch:
"He is already doing something with the physio again and should be available soon."
If all goes well, and that is a big if when you are talking about Dyer, then he could be back in time for the home game with West Brom on March 16.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 10 Man shot in the face in Dagenham