�14m academy opens in Barking
A �14million academy that will equip up to 400 teenagers with vocational qualifications is opening in Barking Town Centre this September.
The Technical Skills Academy off East Street will provide courses in catering, hairdressing, IT, construction and engineering.
Academy head, Hilary Moore, said: “This exciting new centre offers a real work training environment, providing an alternative to school, which could be the best option for some of the borough’s 16 to 19 year olds.
“It will provide fantastic career opportunities for local young people, preparing them for work in well-paid skilled trades and professions.”
The academy is a joint venture between Barking and Dagenham College and Barking and Dagenham Council.
You may also want to watch:
Enrolment has begun and courses start on September 10.
For more information call 020 8090 3020 on extension 7269 or 7197, or log on to techskillsacademy.com.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets