�14m academy opens in Barking
A �14million academy that will equip up to 400 teenagers with vocational qualifications is opening in Barking Town Centre this September.
The Technical Skills Academy off East Street will provide courses in catering, hairdressing, IT, construction and engineering.
Academy head, Hilary Moore, said: “This exciting new centre offers a real work training environment, providing an alternative to school, which could be the best option for some of the borough’s 16 to 19 year olds.
“It will provide fantastic career opportunities for local young people, preparing them for work in well-paid skilled trades and professions.”
The academy is a joint venture between Barking and Dagenham College and Barking and Dagenham Council.
You may also want to watch:
Enrolment has begun and courses start on September 10.
For more information call 020 8090 3020 on extension 7269 or 7197, or log on to techskillsacademy.com.
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 7 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 8 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 10 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham