�2 million green tech centre opened by Barking and Dagenham College
Barking and Dagenham College has opened its new �2million Green Technologies Centre, which will train students in renewable technologies.
The centre was launched in response to a national shortage of electricians, plumbers and mechanics who are qualified in working with environmentally friendly equipment.
Courses on offer will include training in fitting and maintenance of solar thermal and PV cells, air and ground source heat pumps, rain and “grey” water harvesting and green car technologies.
The hi-tech new centre has been fitted with all of these technologies itself, meaning it is an eco-friendly building.
Cathy Walsh, CEO and principal of Barking and Dagenham college, said: “The college is now one of the few training providers in east London which will be able to offer this specialist training to boost the green skills of qualified electricians and plumbers.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the work of Barking and Dagenham College photography student Daniele Pintore has been chosen to go on show at a fundraising showcase in Genoa, Italy.
Daniele, who originally comes from Genoa, has had three of her photographs chosen for the exhibition, Infiniti Istanti (Infinite Instants).
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
Money raised from the exhibition will benefit eco-responsible schools and associations.