Last chance to apply for 2020 primary school places
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
If your child is due to start primary school in September this year, you have until Wednesday to apply for a place.
While you won't find out the results until mid-April, it is vitally important to apply by the January 15 deadline.
Late applications could mean you are less likely to secure a place at your preferred school.
Children born between September 1, 2015 and August 31, 2016 are due to start primary school in September.
Councillor Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for educational attainment and school improvement said: "This is an important time in your child's life and one that shouldn't be taken without consideration.
You may also want to watch:
"Please make sure you get your child's application and use all six preferences in by the end of Wednesday."
Nine out of 10 Barking and Dagenham schools are rated good or outstanding.
Visit lbbd.gov.uk/school-admissions for more information and to apply for your child's place online.
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 3 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 10 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks