Last chance to apply for 2020 primary school places
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
If your child is due to start primary school in September this year, you have until Wednesday to apply for a place.
While you won't find out the results until mid-April, it is vitally important to apply by the January 15 deadline.
Late applications could mean you are less likely to secure a place at your preferred school.
Children born between September 1, 2015 and August 31, 2016 are due to start primary school in September.
Councillor Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for educational attainment and school improvement said: "This is an important time in your child's life and one that shouldn't be taken without consideration.
You may also want to watch:
"Please make sure you get your child's application and use all six preferences in by the end of Wednesday."
Nine out of 10 Barking and Dagenham schools are rated good or outstanding.
Visit lbbd.gov.uk/school-admissions for more information and to apply for your child's place online.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences