A-level results: All Saints School in Dagenham
A-level students at All Saints school in Dagenham are celebrating this morning after achieving a 99.4 per cent A*-E pass rate.
The comprehensive in Wood Lane, Dagenham, recorded 50.6 per cent in A*-B gardes.
Headteacher Kevin Wilson said he was delighted with the results.
“We are really pleased,” he said. “We had eight A*s with five of those in psychology.
“This is a year where there was a big push for students to get the grades because of the rise in tuition fees.
You may also want to watch:
“Most students are really pleased with the results and have the university places that they wanted.
“A lot of students are the first in their families to get to university and is a great achievement.”
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
One of the top students at All Saints was Anastasia Mond who achieved an A* in art and design, an A in RE, an A in English and a C in History of Art. She will study graphic design at university.
She said: “I am shocked and am still shaking. I worked non-stop to get the grades so am really pleased.”