A-level results: All Saints School in Dagenham
A-level students at All Saints school in Dagenham are celebrating this morning after achieving a 99.4 per cent A*-E pass rate.
The comprehensive in Wood Lane, Dagenham, recorded 50.6 per cent in A*-B gardes.
Headteacher Kevin Wilson said he was delighted with the results.
“We are really pleased,” he said. “We had eight A*s with five of those in psychology.
“This is a year where there was a big push for students to get the grades because of the rise in tuition fees.
You may also want to watch:
“Most students are really pleased with the results and have the university places that they wanted.
“A lot of students are the first in their families to get to university and is a great achievement.”
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 5 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
One of the top students at All Saints was Anastasia Mond who achieved an A* in art and design, an A in RE, an A in English and a C in History of Art. She will study graphic design at university.
She said: “I am shocked and am still shaking. I worked non-stop to get the grades so am really pleased.”