A-level results: All Saints School in Dagenham
A-level students at All Saints school in Dagenham are celebrating this morning after achieving a 99.4 per cent A*-E pass rate.
The comprehensive in Wood Lane, Dagenham, recorded 50.6 per cent in A*-B gardes.
Headteacher Kevin Wilson said he was delighted with the results.
“We are really pleased,” he said. “We had eight A*s with five of those in psychology.
“This is a year where there was a big push for students to get the grades because of the rise in tuition fees.
You may also want to watch:
“Most students are really pleased with the results and have the university places that they wanted.
“A lot of students are the first in their families to get to university and is a great achievement.”
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
One of the top students at All Saints was Anastasia Mond who achieved an A* in art and design, an A in RE, an A in English and a C in History of Art. She will study graphic design at university.
She said: “I am shocked and am still shaking. I worked non-stop to get the grades so am really pleased.”