A-level results: Eastbury School
Pupils at Eastbury School in Barking scored the school’s first-ever A*s at A-level.
Overall the A*-E pass rate was 97 per cent while at A*-C it was 71 per cent.
Head of sixth form Steve Sumner said it was a major achievement for the Hulse Avenue school.
“It is the first time any student has received an A*,” he said.
“The thing we have done is to raise expectations for students and they have responded to that.”
You may also want to watch:
Asha Permar, 18, of Essex Road, Barking, achieved an A*, A and a B.
She said: “I told my dad and he was very proud of me as I did better than he did in his A-levels!
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
“I came into school to open them. I was so terrified but now I am quite relieved.”