A-level results: Eastbury School
Pupils at Eastbury School in Barking scored the school’s first-ever A*s at A-level.
Overall the A*-E pass rate was 97 per cent while at A*-C it was 71 per cent.
Head of sixth form Steve Sumner said it was a major achievement for the Hulse Avenue school.
“It is the first time any student has received an A*,” he said.
“The thing we have done is to raise expectations for students and they have responded to that.”
You may also want to watch:
Asha Permar, 18, of Essex Road, Barking, achieved an A*, A and a B.
She said: “I told my dad and he was very proud of me as I did better than he did in his A-levels!
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
“I came into school to open them. I was so terrified but now I am quite relieved.”