A-level results: Robert Clack School in Dagenham
Robert Clack School in Dagenham saw the number of students achieving A*-C grades soar from 61 per cent last year to 70 per cent.
Students achieved a 95 per cent pass rate of A*-E grades while the A*-B rate was 30.5 per cent, though this will increase significantly once the BTEC results are in.
Assistant headteacher Russell Taylor said: “We are very pleased and every single student has the university place they wanted.
“We were conscious of the fact that it would be tough this year because tuition fees are going up, but we were confident that the students could do it.”
High-scoring student Enrik Nako achieved A*s in maths, further maths and physics, and an A in chemistry. He will study physics at Warwick university.
He said: “I worked really hard towards the end of the year and I cannot wait to start university.”
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 3 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 7 Student nurse charged with alleged rape
- 8 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 9 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns