A-level results: Robert Clack School in Dagenham
Robert Clack School in Dagenham saw the number of students achieving A*-C grades soar from 61 per cent last year to 70 per cent.
Students achieved a 95 per cent pass rate of A*-E grades while the A*-B rate was 30.5 per cent, though this will increase significantly once the BTEC results are in.
Assistant headteacher Russell Taylor said: “We are very pleased and every single student has the university place they wanted.
“We were conscious of the fact that it would be tough this year because tuition fees are going up, but we were confident that the students could do it.”
High-scoring student Enrik Nako achieved A*s in maths, further maths and physics, and an A in chemistry. He will study physics at Warwick university.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I worked really hard towards the end of the year and I cannot wait to start university.”
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets