A-level results: Robert Clack School in Dagenham
Robert Clack School in Dagenham saw the number of students achieving A*-C grades soar from 61 per cent last year to 70 per cent.
Students achieved a 95 per cent pass rate of A*-E grades while the A*-B rate was 30.5 per cent, though this will increase significantly once the BTEC results are in.
Assistant headteacher Russell Taylor said: “We are very pleased and every single student has the university place they wanted.
“We were conscious of the fact that it would be tough this year because tuition fees are going up, but we were confident that the students could do it.”
High-scoring student Enrik Nako achieved A*s in maths, further maths and physics, and an A in chemistry. He will study physics at Warwick university.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I worked really hard towards the end of the year and I cannot wait to start university.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 7 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?