A-level results: Sydney Russell and Jo Richardson
Sydney Russell and Jo Richardson schools in Dagenham have been praised for their best-ever A-level results which were published today.
Students at Sydney Russell in Parsloes Avenue achieved a pass rate of 72 per cent at A*-C, recording five A*s and 29 As.
Jo Richardson in Gale Street saw 70 per cent of students achieve A*-C.
The two schools form part of a secondary school consortium in the borough, which also includes Dagenham Park School and Eastbury School.
Principal of the consortium, Kim Donovan-Maddix, said: “This is our best year ever. The results are absolutely outstanding and 90 per cent of our Year 13 students are going to university.
“Everyone did an outstanding job to get these results, we are very pleased.”
- 1 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 2 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 3 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 4 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 5 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 6 Book examines police failings in Stephen Port investigation
- 7 Bow man charged with three offences after Dagenham stabbing
- 8 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Dagenham man loses third of bodyweight during lockdown
- 10 Quickfire double sends Dagenham & Redbridge past Southend United