A-level results: Sydney Russell and Jo Richardson
Sydney Russell and Jo Richardson schools in Dagenham have been praised for their best-ever A-level results which were published today.
Students at Sydney Russell in Parsloes Avenue achieved a pass rate of 72 per cent at A*-C, recording five A*s and 29 As.
Jo Richardson in Gale Street saw 70 per cent of students achieve A*-C.
The two schools form part of a secondary school consortium in the borough, which also includes Dagenham Park School and Eastbury School.
Principal of the consortium, Kim Donovan-Maddix, said: “This is our best year ever. The results are absolutely outstanding and 90 per cent of our Year 13 students are going to university.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone did an outstanding job to get these results, we are very pleased.”
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 4 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 5 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 6 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 7 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 8 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal