A-level results: Sydney Russell and Jo Richardson
Sydney Russell and Jo Richardson schools in Dagenham have been praised for their best-ever A-level results which were published today.
Students at Sydney Russell in Parsloes Avenue achieved a pass rate of 72 per cent at A*-C, recording five A*s and 29 As.
Jo Richardson in Gale Street saw 70 per cent of students achieve A*-C.
The two schools form part of a secondary school consortium in the borough, which also includes Dagenham Park School and Eastbury School.
Principal of the consortium, Kim Donovan-Maddix, said: “This is our best year ever. The results are absolutely outstanding and 90 per cent of our Year 13 students are going to university.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone did an outstanding job to get these results, we are very pleased.”
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 2 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night