A-levels: Dagenham Park School student to study in Japan
A top-scoring student from Dagenham Park School has achieved her dream to study in Japan after achieving an A grade in the language.
Elizabeth Suchley, 18, of Coombes Road, Dagenham, will take up studies in Leeds University in the autumn, and will spend one year at Hiroshima University.
The student achieved another two A grades in history and media studies, and a B grade in English.
She said: “I am happy, I was so worried about iy for so long. It is such a relief.
“I enjoy languages in general but Japanese interests me most because it is more of a challenge.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to thank my school, they have been really supportive.”
The school is yet to release the break down on grades, but confirmed the average score was 638 points.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 9 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete