A-levels: Dagenham Park School student to study in Japan
A top-scoring student from Dagenham Park School has achieved her dream to study in Japan after achieving an A grade in the language.
Elizabeth Suchley, 18, of Coombes Road, Dagenham, will take up studies in Leeds University in the autumn, and will spend one year at Hiroshima University.
The student achieved another two A grades in history and media studies, and a B grade in English.
She said: “I am happy, I was so worried about iy for so long. It is such a relief.
“I enjoy languages in general but Japanese interests me most because it is more of a challenge.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to thank my school, they have been really supportive.”
The school is yet to release the break down on grades, but confirmed the average score was 638 points.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Unattended candle causes Dagenham flat fire, brigade says