A-levels: Dagenham Park School student to study in Japan
A top-scoring student from Dagenham Park School has achieved her dream to study in Japan after achieving an A grade in the language.
Elizabeth Suchley, 18, of Coombes Road, Dagenham, will take up studies in Leeds University in the autumn, and will spend one year at Hiroshima University.
The student achieved another two A grades in history and media studies, and a B grade in English.
She said: “I am happy, I was so worried about iy for so long. It is such a relief.
“I enjoy languages in general but Japanese interests me most because it is more of a challenge.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to thank my school, they have been really supportive.”
The school is yet to release the break down on grades, but confirmed the average score was 638 points.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 8 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 9 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 10 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race