Admissions open for 2014 primary school intake
The admissions process for parents of toddlers to list their preferred schools for next year’s intake is opening this week.
Children born between September 1, 2009, and August 31, 2010, can start school full-time in September 2014.
As of this Friday (1), parents can apply online to list what they would like their child to go.
The council warns no places are guaranteed and parents must apply even if their child is already in a school’s nursery or has a sibling at a school.
Cllr John White, cabinet member for children’s services, said: ““Barking and Dagenham has successful, accomplished schools with a reputation for helping young children to achieve their best.
You may also want to watch:
“I wish for all our children to have a positive start in school and so ask that parents seek help as soon as they need it and submit their completed form online before the deadline.”
Online help sessions are available at Dagenham Library on Tuesdays and at Barking Learning Centre on Thursdays until the deadline date for applications on January 14, 2014.
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
Each session starts at 9am until at 4.30pm and will be closed for lunch between 12.30pm to 1pm.
To apply go to www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk/admissions or call the admissions team on 020 8215 3004.