Admissions open for 2014 primary school intake
The admissions process for parents of toddlers to list their preferred schools for next year’s intake is opening this week.
Children born between September 1, 2009, and August 31, 2010, can start school full-time in September 2014.
As of this Friday (1), parents can apply online to list what they would like their child to go.
The council warns no places are guaranteed and parents must apply even if their child is already in a school’s nursery or has a sibling at a school.
Cllr John White, cabinet member for children’s services, said: ““Barking and Dagenham has successful, accomplished schools with a reputation for helping young children to achieve their best.
You may also want to watch:
“I wish for all our children to have a positive start in school and so ask that parents seek help as soon as they need it and submit their completed form online before the deadline.”
Online help sessions are available at Dagenham Library on Tuesdays and at Barking Learning Centre on Thursdays until the deadline date for applications on January 14, 2014.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 8 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 9 Blood donors needed for Covid study as Barking centre set to open
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
Each session starts at 9am until at 4.30pm and will be closed for lunch between 12.30pm to 1pm.
To apply go to www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk/admissions or call the admissions team on 020 8215 3004.