Admissions open for Barking and Dagenham primary school applications
Admissions for primary schools in Barking and Dagenham open for applications next Friday.
Children born between September 1, 2009, and the following August 31, 2010, can start school full-time next September.
Parents are being invited to list their preferred schools before the New Year closing date on January 15.
No places are guaranteed, the local education authority stresses. Parents must still apply for a school—even if their child is already in a nursery class or has a sibling at the school.
Barking & Dagenham council cabinet member John White said: “Our pre-schools, day nurseries and other arrangements are the stepping stones to a more structured learning environment.
You may also want to watch:
“All children should have a positive start in school—so I ask that parents seek help as soon as they need it and submit applications before the deadline.”
Applications are online and parents can get help from the School Admissions team with online sessions available at Dagenham Library on Tuesdays and at Barking Learning Centre on Thursdays until January 14, from 9am to 12.30pm and 1-4.30pm.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
The authority’s Admissions Team has set up a telephone help line on 020-8215 3004. Online applications are at www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk/admissions