Admissions open for Barking and Dagenham primary school applications
Admissions for primary schools in Barking and Dagenham open for applications next Friday.
Children born between September 1, 2009, and the following August 31, 2010, can start school full-time next September.
Parents are being invited to list their preferred schools before the New Year closing date on January 15.
No places are guaranteed, the local education authority stresses. Parents must still apply for a school—even if their child is already in a nursery class or has a sibling at the school.
Barking & Dagenham council cabinet member John White said: “Our pre-schools, day nurseries and other arrangements are the stepping stones to a more structured learning environment.
You may also want to watch:
“All children should have a positive start in school—so I ask that parents seek help as soon as they need it and submit applications before the deadline.”
Applications are online and parents can get help from the School Admissions team with online sessions available at Dagenham Library on Tuesdays and at Barking Learning Centre on Thursdays until January 14, from 9am to 12.30pm and 1-4.30pm.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 10 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
The authority’s Admissions Team has set up a telephone help line on 020-8215 3004. Online applications are at www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk/admissions