Advertising expert shares tricks of the trade at Barking and Dagenham College
- Credit: Kate Bishop
Students at Barking and Dagenham College have been given a window into the world of advertising.
Industry expert Steve Davies, chief executive of the Advertising Producers Association, spoke to students last week to talk to them about advertising and commercial production.
The talk was part of the Speakers4Schools programme, which aims to help state schools and colleges broaden the horizons of their students by giving them free access to high profile figures.
Steve gave insights into adverts such as the Nike LDN and Audi adverts.
Karen Boxhall, the college’s learner involvement coordinator, said: “Steve’s insights and advice have been really well received by the students and will make a significant difference to their future.
You may also want to watch:
“In the short time he had with the students, he made a big impression and we feel confident that he has brought new directions and impetus to many.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault