Advertising expert shares tricks of the trade at Barking and Dagenham College
- Credit: Kate Bishop
Students at Barking and Dagenham College have been given a window into the world of advertising.
Industry expert Steve Davies, chief executive of the Advertising Producers Association, spoke to students last week to talk to them about advertising and commercial production.
The talk was part of the Speakers4Schools programme, which aims to help state schools and colleges broaden the horizons of their students by giving them free access to high profile figures.
Steve gave insights into adverts such as the Nike LDN and Audi adverts.
Karen Boxhall, the college’s learner involvement coordinator, said: “Steve’s insights and advice have been really well received by the students and will make a significant difference to their future.
You may also want to watch:
“In the short time he had with the students, he made a big impression and we feel confident that he has brought new directions and impetus to many.”
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 6 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 7 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 10 Man shot in the face in Dagenham