A-level results: All Saints Catholic School doubles amount of A* grades
- Credit: Archant
All Saints Catholic School are celebrating A-level and Btec results success, including doubling the amount of A* grades achieved last year.
Among the top achievers was Mari Preka, who is taking up her place at Oxford University reading geography after earning an A*, two A grades and a B.
Patrick Sullivan achieved an A* and two As and will be studying at King's College London reading biochemistry.
Pupils from the Wood Lane, Dagenham school are going on to study a range of courses from politics and international relations to the arts and social sciences in places as far away as Aberdeen and Exeter.
A number of pupils have also followed successful sixth form routes in to apprenticeships, such as electrical engineering.
You may also want to watch:
The school had a 97 per cent pass rate this year.
Headteacher Clare Cantle said: "This is another very promising year for All Saints.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
"It is so rewarding for all the staff to see students achieve so much and now see them take the next steps in to their future."