A-level results: All Saints Catholic School doubles amount of A* grades
- Credit: Archant
All Saints Catholic School are celebrating A-level and Btec results success, including doubling the amount of A* grades achieved last year.
Among the top achievers was Mari Preka, who is taking up her place at Oxford University reading geography after earning an A*, two A grades and a B.
Patrick Sullivan achieved an A* and two As and will be studying at King's College London reading biochemistry.
Pupils from the Wood Lane, Dagenham school are going on to study a range of courses from politics and international relations to the arts and social sciences in places as far away as Aberdeen and Exeter.
A number of pupils have also followed successful sixth form routes in to apprenticeships, such as electrical engineering.
You may also want to watch:
The school had a 97 per cent pass rate this year.
Headteacher Clare Cantle said: "This is another very promising year for All Saints.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 7 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 10 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
"It is so rewarding for all the staff to see students achieve so much and now see them take the next steps in to their future."