GCSE results: Top grades in a third of exams taken by All Saints pupils
- Credit: Archant
All Saints Catholic School is celebrating after a third of all grades awarded were at 9-7 - the equivalent of an A or A*.
Top achievers at the Terling Road, Dagenham school include Benedict Okungbowa, who achieved seven 9s and two 8s.
Ruth Adetunji achieved five 9s, three 8s and one 7, while Damilola Ademola achieved three 9s and seven 8s.
Overall, there were 85 9s - the highest possible grade - awarded to the school's pupils.
Headteacher Clare Cantle said: "The atmosphere this morning is absolutely electric.
"The pupils have achieved amazing results and once again I could not be more proud of them.
"They have been a great year group and we are delighted that again a majority are staying with us for A-level.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 2 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 3 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 4 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 5 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 6 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 7 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 8 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 9 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 10 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
"All our staff worked so hard to help create this success."