GCSE results: Top grades in a third of exams taken by All Saints pupils
- Credit: Archant
All Saints Catholic School is celebrating after a third of all grades awarded were at 9-7 - the equivalent of an A or A*.
Top achievers at the Terling Road, Dagenham school include Benedict Okungbowa, who achieved seven 9s and two 8s.
Ruth Adetunji achieved five 9s, three 8s and one 7, while Damilola Ademola achieved three 9s and seven 8s.
Overall, there were 85 9s - the highest possible grade - awarded to the school's pupils.
Headteacher Clare Cantle said: "The atmosphere this morning is absolutely electric.
You may also want to watch:
"The pupils have achieved amazing results and once again I could not be more proud of them.
"They have been a great year group and we are delighted that again a majority are staying with us for A-level.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 7 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 10 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
"All our staff worked so hard to help create this success."