GCSE results: Top grades in a third of exams taken by All Saints pupils
- Credit: Archant
All Saints Catholic School is celebrating after a third of all grades awarded were at 9-7 - the equivalent of an A or A*.
Top achievers at the Terling Road, Dagenham school include Benedict Okungbowa, who achieved seven 9s and two 8s.
Ruth Adetunji achieved five 9s, three 8s and one 7, while Damilola Ademola achieved three 9s and seven 8s.
Overall, there were 85 9s - the highest possible grade - awarded to the school's pupils.
Headteacher Clare Cantle said: "The atmosphere this morning is absolutely electric.
You may also want to watch:
"The pupils have achieved amazing results and once again I could not be more proud of them.
"They have been a great year group and we are delighted that again a majority are staying with us for A-level.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
"All our staff worked so hard to help create this success."