GCSE results: Top grades in a third of exams taken by All Saints pupils
- Credit: Archant
All Saints Catholic School is celebrating after a third of all grades awarded were at 9-7 - the equivalent of an A or A*.
Top achievers at the Terling Road, Dagenham school include Benedict Okungbowa, who achieved seven 9s and two 8s.
Ruth Adetunji achieved five 9s, three 8s and one 7, while Damilola Ademola achieved three 9s and seven 8s.
Overall, there were 85 9s - the highest possible grade - awarded to the school's pupils.
Headteacher Clare Cantle said: "The atmosphere this morning is absolutely electric.
You may also want to watch:
"The pupils have achieved amazing results and once again I could not be more proud of them.
"They have been a great year group and we are delighted that again a majority are staying with us for A-level.
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 3 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 10 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
"All our staff worked so hard to help create this success."