Dagenham school receives gold Equalities Award
- Credit: All Saints
A Dagenham school is celebrating after receiving the gold level of the Equalities Award.
All Saints Catholic School was accredited with the top level of the recognition scheme.
Assistant headteacher Nick Pauro explained: "This is for pioneering and consistantly embedding the notion of equality in all we do, from what we teach to who we employ and how we cater for all as a Catholic comprehensive school."
The award is run by not-for-profit organisation EqualiTeach, which promotes equality, diversity and inclusion in education.
Staff and pupils must demonstrate how they meet those values by promoting cohesion and development in moral, social and cultural aspects.
You may also want to watch:
The Wood Lane school has been working towards getting the accreditation for the past year, and they will keep the status for three years.
- 1 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 2 What is changing when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 3 Patrols target antisocial behaviour in Barking town centre
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Mum of girl with rare genetic condition vows to keep raising awareness
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 8 Liam Gordon ruled out for the season as Dagenham boss McMahon provides injury update
- 9 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 10 Men found with head injuries in Barking bailed by police