Dagenham school receives gold Equalities Award
- Credit: All Saints
A Dagenham school is celebrating after receiving the gold level of the Equalities Award.
All Saints Catholic School was accredited with the top level of the recognition scheme.
Assistant headteacher Nick Pauro explained: "This is for pioneering and consistantly embedding the notion of equality in all we do, from what we teach to who we employ and how we cater for all as a Catholic comprehensive school."
The award is run by not-for-profit organisation EqualiTeach, which promotes equality, diversity and inclusion in education.
Staff and pupils must demonstrate how they meet those values by promoting cohesion and development in moral, social and cultural aspects.
You may also want to watch:
The Wood Lane school has been working towards getting the accreditation for the past year, and they will keep the status for three years.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash