Dagenham school receives gold Equalities Award
- Credit: All Saints
A Dagenham school is celebrating after receiving the gold level of the Equalities Award.
All Saints Catholic School was accredited with the top level of the recognition scheme.
Assistant headteacher Nick Pauro explained: "This is for pioneering and consistantly embedding the notion of equality in all we do, from what we teach to who we employ and how we cater for all as a Catholic comprehensive school."
The award is run by not-for-profit organisation EqualiTeach, which promotes equality, diversity and inclusion in education.
Staff and pupils must demonstrate how they meet those values by promoting cohesion and development in moral, social and cultural aspects.
You may also want to watch:
The Wood Lane school has been working towards getting the accreditation for the past year, and they will keep the status for three years.
- 1 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 2 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 4 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 7 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?