Dagenham pupils take to the sky for gliding scholarship
- Credit: All Saints
Dagenham pupils had their head in the clouds when given an glimpse into the world of aviation.
The cohort from All Saints Catholic School in Wood Lane took part in aircraft giant Boeing’s gliding scholarship programme.
They were among nine pupils from three inner London schools visiting London Gliding Club in Dunstable.
The students experienced flying first-hand, with the chance of being selected for a two-week course which could let become qualified to glide solo.
“The Air League sponsorship has meant that students at our school have had the chance to taste what it’s like to fly and what opportunities potentially exist for them in aviation,” a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
“We now have one student on a determined path for a career as a pilot.”
The pupils were selected for the scholarship following interviews at British Airways HQ with industry professionals, including pilots.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced