Dagenham pupils take to the sky for gliding scholarship
- Credit: All Saints
Dagenham pupils had their head in the clouds when given an glimpse into the world of aviation.
The cohort from All Saints Catholic School in Wood Lane took part in aircraft giant Boeing’s gliding scholarship programme.
They were among nine pupils from three inner London schools visiting London Gliding Club in Dunstable.
The students experienced flying first-hand, with the chance of being selected for a two-week course which could let become qualified to glide solo.
“The Air League sponsorship has meant that students at our school have had the chance to taste what it’s like to fly and what opportunities potentially exist for them in aviation,” a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
“We now have one student on a determined path for a career as a pilot.”
The pupils were selected for the scholarship following interviews at British Airways HQ with industry professionals, including pilots.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 6 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot