Apprentice star opens new beauty school in Barking
- Credit: Archant
A star of BBC show The Apprentice and a TOWIE make-up artist helped launch a new beauty school.
Kate Walsh, who came second in the 2009 series, cut the ribbon of Salon 2 at the Technical Skills Academy in Short Blue Place, Barking on Friday.
The purpose built salon, which is a duplicate of the Salon at Barking and Dagenham College, is the latest facility to open at the academy and is set to train the next generation of beauty professionals.
It will provide beauty students with the opportunity to use industry-standard and real-life training facilities.
Kate was joined by Gina Bhogal, make-up artist on The Only Way is Essex (TOWIE), who entertained guests with a series of make-up demonstrations,
You may also want to watch:
Lee Demmel, head of hair and beauty at the academy said: “The new salon will provide our students with a true experience of what it is like working in a commercial salon. It is experiences like this that will enhance their skills and better prepare them for future employment.
The academy, which opened in September last year, is run by Barking and Dagenham College.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 10 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
Members of the public can book appointments for treatments such as manicures, pedicures and facials. To book call 0203 667 0503.