Apprentice star opens new beauty school in Barking
- Credit: Archant
A star of BBC show The Apprentice and a TOWIE make-up artist helped launch a new beauty school.
Kate Walsh, who came second in the 2009 series, cut the ribbon of Salon 2 at the Technical Skills Academy in Short Blue Place, Barking on Friday.
The purpose built salon, which is a duplicate of the Salon at Barking and Dagenham College, is the latest facility to open at the academy and is set to train the next generation of beauty professionals.
It will provide beauty students with the opportunity to use industry-standard and real-life training facilities.
Kate was joined by Gina Bhogal, make-up artist on The Only Way is Essex (TOWIE), who entertained guests with a series of make-up demonstrations,
You may also want to watch:
Lee Demmel, head of hair and beauty at the academy said: “The new salon will provide our students with a true experience of what it is like working in a commercial salon. It is experiences like this that will enhance their skills and better prepare them for future employment.
The academy, which opened in September last year, is run by Barking and Dagenham College.
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 6 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 7 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 8 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 9 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
Members of the public can book appointments for treatments such as manicures, pedicures and facials. To book call 0203 667 0503.