Apprentice star opens new beauty school in Barking
- Credit: Archant
A star of BBC show The Apprentice and a TOWIE make-up artist helped launch a new beauty school.
Kate Walsh, who came second in the 2009 series, cut the ribbon of Salon 2 at the Technical Skills Academy in Short Blue Place, Barking on Friday.
The purpose built salon, which is a duplicate of the Salon at Barking and Dagenham College, is the latest facility to open at the academy and is set to train the next generation of beauty professionals.
It will provide beauty students with the opportunity to use industry-standard and real-life training facilities.
Kate was joined by Gina Bhogal, make-up artist on The Only Way is Essex (TOWIE), who entertained guests with a series of make-up demonstrations,
You may also want to watch:
Lee Demmel, head of hair and beauty at the academy said: “The new salon will provide our students with a true experience of what it is like working in a commercial salon. It is experiences like this that will enhance their skills and better prepare them for future employment.
The academy, which opened in September last year, is run by Barking and Dagenham College.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
Members of the public can book appointments for treatments such as manicures, pedicures and facials. To book call 0203 667 0503.