Barking and Dagenham Council launches scheme to create new solicitors
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Barking and Dagenham Council is looking to swell the ranks of its legal team with fresh talent.
It's opened places for two A-level students to get fully qualified as solicitors via on-the-job training and a funded university law degree.
It's billed as a debt-free way to become a lawyer.
"We're proud to be able to play our part in encouraging young people to apply to join the legal profession by removing barriers that might have put them off," said Councillor Sade Bright, cabinet member for employment, skills and aspiration.
"This is a fantastic opportunity for two driven individuals, and we look forward to supporting them to achieve their goals over the next few years."
You may also want to watch:
The programme is only open to Barking and Dagenham residents.
Applicants must have or be predicted to achieve three Bs at A-Level and five 4-9 grades at GCSE, including maths and English.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 5 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge release six as they announce retained list
The deadline for applying is Saturday, 29 June 2019. More information can be found at www.lbbd.gov.uk/apprenticeships.