Summer weather receives warm welcome at Barking schools’ fair
- Credit: Barking Abbey School
Two schools in Barking threw open their gates for a summer fair on Saturday.
Guests basked in sunshine at Sandringham Road for Barking Abbey and Manor Junior’s joint shindig.
The event featured cricket, rounders and football tournaments, as well as dance and musical performances in the afternoon.
Pupils ran their own stalls, which included classic party games such as Splat the Rat and Hook the Duck.
As families took on the tricky tests of skill, Barking and Dagenham mayor Sanchia Alasia and Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for educational attainment and school improvement mingled with attendees.
You may also want to watch:
“It was fantastic to see two local community schools coming together at the end of another school year,” said Barking Abbey headteacher Jo Tupman.
“The students and staff from both schools did a great job of organising the fair and I would like to thank them and all the people who supported us.”
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out