Summer weather receives warm welcome at Barking schools’ fair
- Credit: Barking Abbey School
Two schools in Barking threw open their gates for a summer fair on Saturday.
Guests basked in sunshine at Sandringham Road for Barking Abbey and Manor Junior’s joint shindig.
The event featured cricket, rounders and football tournaments, as well as dance and musical performances in the afternoon.
Pupils ran their own stalls, which included classic party games such as Splat the Rat and Hook the Duck.
As families took on the tricky tests of skill, Barking and Dagenham mayor Sanchia Alasia and Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for educational attainment and school improvement mingled with attendees.
You may also want to watch:
“It was fantastic to see two local community schools coming together at the end of another school year,” said Barking Abbey headteacher Jo Tupman.
“The students and staff from both schools did a great job of organising the fair and I would like to thank them and all the people who supported us.”
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 6 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Barking Riverside residents' frustration at new station delay
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead