Summer weather receives warm welcome at Barking schools’ fair
- Credit: Barking Abbey School
Two schools in Barking threw open their gates for a summer fair on Saturday.
Guests basked in sunshine at Sandringham Road for Barking Abbey and Manor Junior’s joint shindig.
The event featured cricket, rounders and football tournaments, as well as dance and musical performances in the afternoon.
Pupils ran their own stalls, which included classic party games such as Splat the Rat and Hook the Duck.
As families took on the tricky tests of skill, Barking and Dagenham mayor Sanchia Alasia and Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for educational attainment and school improvement mingled with attendees.
You may also want to watch:
“It was fantastic to see two local community schools coming together at the end of another school year,” said Barking Abbey headteacher Jo Tupman.
“The students and staff from both schools did a great job of organising the fair and I would like to thank them and all the people who supported us.”
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 7 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 10 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment