Barking and Dagenham awards most first choice primary school places in London
- Credit: Archant
More pupils in Barking and Dagenham secured their first choice primary school place than anywhere else in London, new figures reveal.
Places for Barking and Dagenham were announced to parents at 5pm today.
Figures released by the Pan London Admissions Board show 95 per cent of parents in the borough were given their first choice, compared to the London-wide average of 86.5 per cent.
The number of parents securing an offer from one of their top three preferences was 99 pc.
Jane Hargreaves, comissioning director of education for Barking and Dagenham Council, said: “In the last decade our borough’s population has increased significantly, so to come out on top for all of London is very pleasing and we are delighted to be able to offer so many parents their first preference primary school.”
You may also want to watch:
The deadline to accept places is April 30.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham