Barking and Dagenham awards most first choice primary school places in London
- Credit: Archant
More pupils in Barking and Dagenham secured their first choice primary school place than anywhere else in London, new figures reveal.
Places for Barking and Dagenham were announced to parents at 5pm today.
Figures released by the Pan London Admissions Board show 95 per cent of parents in the borough were given their first choice, compared to the London-wide average of 86.5 per cent.
The number of parents securing an offer from one of their top three preferences was 99 pc.
Jane Hargreaves, comissioning director of education for Barking and Dagenham Council, said: “In the last decade our borough’s population has increased significantly, so to come out on top for all of London is very pleasing and we are delighted to be able to offer so many parents their first preference primary school.”
You may also want to watch:
The deadline to accept places is April 30.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 4 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 7 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 8 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 9 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 10 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed