Barking and Dagenham College bakers dish up hot cross bun treats for students
Trainee bakers cooked up little bun miracles as a scent of Easter filled their college kitchens.
The cooks from Barking and Dagenham College were hard at work before a well deserved holiday after baking the crossed treats symbolising Jesus’ crucifixion.
But it was not all sweat and work on Thursday as the trainees also reaped the rewards of their efforts stuffing themselves with fairy cakes.
College spokesman Jenna Smith told the Post: “ Our cookery students have been making some tasty Easter treats to sell to students and staff around college. These have gone down very well.”
And now the college in Dagenham Road is inviting students to get a taste of its courses for an open day on April 21.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.barkingdagenham college. ac.uk or call 020 8090 3020.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall