Barking and Dagenham College bakers dish up hot cross bun treats for students
Trainee bakers cooked up little bun miracles as a scent of Easter filled their college kitchens.
The cooks from Barking and Dagenham College were hard at work before a well deserved holiday after baking the crossed treats symbolising Jesus’ crucifixion.
But it was not all sweat and work on Thursday as the trainees also reaped the rewards of their efforts stuffing themselves with fairy cakes.
College spokesman Jenna Smith told the Post: “ Our cookery students have been making some tasty Easter treats to sell to students and staff around college. These have gone down very well.”
And now the college in Dagenham Road is inviting students to get a taste of its courses for an open day on April 21.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.barkingdagenham college. ac.uk or call 020 8090 3020.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 9 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 10 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking