Barking and Dagenham College beauty salon opens its doors to the public
A new Barking and Dagenham College beauty salon offering training to students and treatments to the public has officially opened its doors.
The Salon, in Dagenham Road, Rush Green, was launched with a special event last Thursday evening, attended by students, teachers, and guests including Barking MP Margaret Hodge.
Vice principal Lesley Graham, told guests: “As you look around, I am sure you will agree that we have made a significant investment to provide a training environment that is absolutely of a standard you would find in industry, if not better.
“The college’s unique selling point is providing real work for our students and this is a prime example of that philosophy in action.”
All students will be under the guidance of experienced tutors.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Hodge, who cut the red ribbon, said: “The Salon looks incredible. I’m really impressed by how much work has been put in by everyone.
“The Salon will give students the opportunity to gain the skills and experience they need to secure jobs when they complete their courses. That’s fantastic. I wish everyone the very best of luck.” She added that she hoped to return to get some treatments done.
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 8 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup