Barking and Dagenham College beauty salon opens its doors to the public
A new Barking and Dagenham College beauty salon offering training to students and treatments to the public has officially opened its doors.
The Salon, in Dagenham Road, Rush Green, was launched with a special event last Thursday evening, attended by students, teachers, and guests including Barking MP Margaret Hodge.
Vice principal Lesley Graham, told guests: “As you look around, I am sure you will agree that we have made a significant investment to provide a training environment that is absolutely of a standard you would find in industry, if not better.
“The college’s unique selling point is providing real work for our students and this is a prime example of that philosophy in action.”
All students will be under the guidance of experienced tutors.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Hodge, who cut the red ribbon, said: “The Salon looks incredible. I’m really impressed by how much work has been put in by everyone.
“The Salon will give students the opportunity to gain the skills and experience they need to secure jobs when they complete their courses. That’s fantastic. I wish everyone the very best of luck.” She added that she hoped to return to get some treatments done.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL