Barking and Dagenham College builders win top medals in London competition
Trainee builders from Barking and Dagenham College came out on top in a London competition designed to find the UK’s most talented construction workers.
The five students won gold and silver medals in the London heat of the SkillBuild competition last month and now have a chance to go through to September’s finals.
Plasterer Jamie Rodwell came first in the London region contest held at Barking and Dagenham College in Dagenham Road on May 31.
Senior painter Jessica Fuller won gold and Yathursan Thanathakaran came second in the newcomer painting category.
Meanwhile, Daniel Pascan was first in the brickwork new entrant competition and Joe Parkin came second in brickwork senior competition.
You may also want to watch:
The trainees who secure the highest number of points in the regional heats will attend the finals in Preston.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters