Barking and Dagenham College builders win top medals in London competition
Trainee builders from Barking and Dagenham College came out on top in a London competition designed to find the UK’s most talented construction workers.
The five students won gold and silver medals in the London heat of the SkillBuild competition last month and now have a chance to go through to September’s finals.
Plasterer Jamie Rodwell came first in the London region contest held at Barking and Dagenham College in Dagenham Road on May 31.
Senior painter Jessica Fuller won gold and Yathursan Thanathakaran came second in the newcomer painting category.
Meanwhile, Daniel Pascan was first in the brickwork new entrant competition and Joe Parkin came second in brickwork senior competition.
You may also want to watch:
The trainees who secure the highest number of points in the regional heats will attend the finals in Preston.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people