Barking and Dagenham College builders win top medals in London competition
Trainee builders from Barking and Dagenham College came out on top in a London competition designed to find the UK’s most talented construction workers.
The five students won gold and silver medals in the London heat of the SkillBuild competition last month and now have a chance to go through to September’s finals.
Plasterer Jamie Rodwell came first in the London region contest held at Barking and Dagenham College in Dagenham Road on May 31.
Senior painter Jessica Fuller won gold and Yathursan Thanathakaran came second in the newcomer painting category.
Meanwhile, Daniel Pascan was first in the brickwork new entrant competition and Joe Parkin came second in brickwork senior competition.
You may also want to watch:
The trainees who secure the highest number of points in the regional heats will attend the finals in Preston.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault