Barking and Dagenham College enjoy talk from video games gurus
- Credit: Wow Marketing
Too much time spent playing video games may hurt your eyes, but students at Barking and Dagenham College hope it will lead to a lucrative career.
More than 100 students were treated to a masterclass on the games industry by industry experts BeefJack.
They were told insights from the $100 billion global industry, which employs an estimated 12,100 people in the UK.
“I hope that our talk inspired a few minds,” said Sam Jude of BeefJack.
Shaun Wilshin, 20, a games art and animation student, called the session “really informative”.
You may also want to watch:
“It opened my eyes to other aspects of the games industry, such as mobile gaming and the importance of social media and marketing,” he said.
Classmate Arestina Volungeviciute, 18, from Romford, said: “I found it so interesting; it was great to find out more about the games industry from people who actually work in it.”
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 10 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking