Barking and Dagenham College enjoy talk from video games gurus
- Credit: Wow Marketing
Too much time spent playing video games may hurt your eyes, but students at Barking and Dagenham College hope it will lead to a lucrative career.
More than 100 students were treated to a masterclass on the games industry by industry experts BeefJack.
They were told insights from the $100 billion global industry, which employs an estimated 12,100 people in the UK.
“I hope that our talk inspired a few minds,” said Sam Jude of BeefJack.
Shaun Wilshin, 20, a games art and animation student, called the session “really informative”.
You may also want to watch:
“It opened my eyes to other aspects of the games industry, such as mobile gaming and the importance of social media and marketing,” he said.
Classmate Arestina Volungeviciute, 18, from Romford, said: “I found it so interesting; it was great to find out more about the games industry from people who actually work in it.”
- 1 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 2 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 3 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 4 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 7 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 8 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 9 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 10 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath