Barking and Dagenham College graduates celebrate degree success
- Credit: Archant
Barking and Dagenham College graduates celebrated receiving their degrees on November 30.
Mayor of Barking and Dagenham, Councillor Hardial Singh Rai presided over a ceremony to mark the occasion and gave an opening address to the participants.
More than 300 graduates were present at the event. Cathy Walsh, college principal and CEO, said: “I was delighted to celebrate the success of our HE students at the Graduation Ceremony and wish them all the best for their future economic independence.”
Four graduates also won the prestigious Symons-Hyatt Award for demonstrating exceptional levels of commitment in their photography and media courses.
Graduate Daniele Pintore, 33, made it a triple celebration having achieved a BA Hons in Photography, a Symons-Hatton Highly Commended Award and an internationally renowned two month internship in Paris.
Daniele said: “The graduation ceremony was very emotional for me – it was the best day of my life!
“I’ve had a passion for photography since I was a kid and winning this internship at Le Studio Rouchon in Paris will allow me to follow my dream.”
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 3 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 9 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today