Barking and Dagenham College graduates celebrate degree success
- Credit: Archant
Barking and Dagenham College graduates celebrated receiving their degrees on November 30.
Mayor of Barking and Dagenham, Councillor Hardial Singh Rai presided over a ceremony to mark the occasion and gave an opening address to the participants.
More than 300 graduates were present at the event. Cathy Walsh, college principal and CEO, said: “I was delighted to celebrate the success of our HE students at the Graduation Ceremony and wish them all the best for their future economic independence.”
Four graduates also won the prestigious Symons-Hyatt Award for demonstrating exceptional levels of commitment in their photography and media courses.
Graduate Daniele Pintore, 33, made it a triple celebration having achieved a BA Hons in Photography, a Symons-Hatton Highly Commended Award and an internationally renowned two month internship in Paris.
You may also want to watch:
Daniele said: “The graduation ceremony was very emotional for me – it was the best day of my life!
“I’ve had a passion for photography since I was a kid and winning this internship at Le Studio Rouchon in Paris will allow me to follow my dream.”
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 8 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup