Barking and Dagenham College graduates celebrate degree success
- Credit: Archant
Barking and Dagenham College graduates celebrated receiving their degrees on November 30.
Mayor of Barking and Dagenham, Councillor Hardial Singh Rai presided over a ceremony to mark the occasion and gave an opening address to the participants.
More than 300 graduates were present at the event. Cathy Walsh, college principal and CEO, said: “I was delighted to celebrate the success of our HE students at the Graduation Ceremony and wish them all the best for their future economic independence.”
Four graduates also won the prestigious Symons-Hyatt Award for demonstrating exceptional levels of commitment in their photography and media courses.
Graduate Daniele Pintore, 33, made it a triple celebration having achieved a BA Hons in Photography, a Symons-Hatton Highly Commended Award and an internationally renowned two month internship in Paris.
You may also want to watch:
Daniele said: “The graduation ceremony was very emotional for me – it was the best day of my life!
“I’ve had a passion for photography since I was a kid and winning this internship at Le Studio Rouchon in Paris will allow me to follow my dream.”
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 7 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket