Barking and Dagenham college keeps “good” Ofsted rating
- Credit: Barking and Dagenham College
Barking and Dagenham College has kept its “good” rating in its latest Ofsted inspection.
Inspectors said the further education college “continues to be good” overall since its last inspection in April 2013.
They said the College has “high expectations” of its staff and around 12,500 learners and apprentices, with “no excuses accepted for poorer performance.”
The report, based on two inspection days in May, praised the teachers’ focus on equality and diversity in classes, as well as the “very high” student attendance and retention rates.
But inspectors said the number of students achieving grades A*-C in GCSE English and maths courses was “too low,” with more work needed to boost achievement in apprenticeships.
You may also want to watch:
“I am very pleased that the inspectors noted that the College successfully promotes an aspirational culture with high standards,” said Principal Yvonne Kelly.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 4 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 5 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 6 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 7 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 8 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL