Barking and Dagenham college keeps “good” Ofsted rating
- Credit: Barking and Dagenham College
Barking and Dagenham College has kept its “good” rating in its latest Ofsted inspection.
Inspectors said the further education college “continues to be good” overall since its last inspection in April 2013.
They said the College has “high expectations” of its staff and around 12,500 learners and apprentices, with “no excuses accepted for poorer performance.”
The report, based on two inspection days in May, praised the teachers’ focus on equality and diversity in classes, as well as the “very high” student attendance and retention rates.
But inspectors said the number of students achieving grades A*-C in GCSE English and maths courses was “too low,” with more work needed to boost achievement in apprenticeships.
You may also want to watch:
“I am very pleased that the inspectors noted that the College successfully promotes an aspirational culture with high standards,” said Principal Yvonne Kelly.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 10 Man shot in the face in Dagenham