Dagenham lecturer unmasked as artist in ‘secret’ photography show
- Credit: Archant
A lecturer from Barking and Dagenham College has been unmasked as an artist in a ‘secret’ Royal College of Art exhibition.
David Bennett, programme leader for photography at the Dagenham Road, Dagenham college, joins the likes of David Bowie, Tracey Emin and film director Mike Leigh as anonymous contributors to the unique fundraising show.
The RCA’s annual exhibition in Kensington, Secret, features thousands of postcard-size artworks by artists acclaimed and up-and-coming, for sale at £60 each.
Each postcard is signed on the reverse side, though the artist’s identity remains unknown until their work is sold.
This is the third year David’s work featured in the event.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very proud that one of our own talented lecturers was involved in this year’s RCA Secret exhibition,” said Barking and Dagenham College principal Yvonne Kelly.
“I enjoyed trying to work out which one might be David’s and I look forward to finding out the secret.”
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 10 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations