Dagenham lecturer unmasked as artist in ‘secret’ photography show
- Credit: Archant
A lecturer from Barking and Dagenham College has been unmasked as an artist in a ‘secret’ Royal College of Art exhibition.
David Bennett, programme leader for photography at the Dagenham Road, Dagenham college, joins the likes of David Bowie, Tracey Emin and film director Mike Leigh as anonymous contributors to the unique fundraising show.
The RCA’s annual exhibition in Kensington, Secret, features thousands of postcard-size artworks by artists acclaimed and up-and-coming, for sale at £60 each.
Each postcard is signed on the reverse side, though the artist’s identity remains unknown until their work is sold.
This is the third year David’s work featured in the event.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very proud that one of our own talented lecturers was involved in this year’s RCA Secret exhibition,” said Barking and Dagenham College principal Yvonne Kelly.
“I enjoyed trying to work out which one might be David’s and I look forward to finding out the secret.”
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 10 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo