Rugby players from Barking and Dagenham College train with team in France
- Credit: Archant
Sporty students from Barking and Dagenham College’s Rugby Academy spent a fortnight training with a French rugby union team.
Sixteen pupils met and trained with Union Sportive des Arlequins Perpignanais – known as USAP – in Perpignan in the south of France.
Their programme included training and matches with local clubs, meeting the USAP senior team, and visiting Perpignan and the Bryyh Winery in Thuir.
They visited the USAP shop and watched the team play against Castres at the Aimé Giral Stadium.
They were also given guided tours of the Roussillon region and took part in team-building fitness sessions.
Owen Flower, 16, from Romford, said: “My trip to Perpignan was really interesting despite the accommodation not being what you have at home.
“I found that I got along with the boys and that we all made ways to have fun without the use of technology. I learnt a lot about the culture in Perpignan and St Cyprien.”
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 3 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 7 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 8 Student nurse charged with alleged rape
- 9 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 10 Councillors visit Ben Kinsella Trust anti-knife crime exhibition