Barking and Dagenham College student wins bursary to study animation
- Credit: Archant
A Barking and Dagenham College student has won a £1,500 bursary to go to the University of East London.
Kelsey Connor, from Dagenham, was chosen by the Helena Kennedy Foundation after being put forward by her tutors.
From September, she will begin a foundation degree in animation, becoming the first of her family to go on to degree-level education.
Competition for the bursary is tough – the foundation, based at the university, receives 400 applications every year of which 100 are successful.
Kelsey said: “To be chosen out of so many applicants is great, I couldn’t believe it when I found out.
You may also want to watch:
“This bursary award will really take the pressure off me and allow me to focus on my studies.”
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years