Barking and Dagenham College student wins bursary to study animation
- Credit: Archant
A Barking and Dagenham College student has won a £1,500 bursary to go to the University of East London.
Kelsey Connor, from Dagenham, was chosen by the Helena Kennedy Foundation after being put forward by her tutors.
From September, she will begin a foundation degree in animation, becoming the first of her family to go on to degree-level education.
Competition for the bursary is tough – the foundation, based at the university, receives 400 applications every year of which 100 are successful.
Kelsey said: “To be chosen out of so many applicants is great, I couldn’t believe it when I found out.
You may also want to watch:
“This bursary award will really take the pressure off me and allow me to focus on my studies.”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters