Barking and Dagenham College student wins bursary to study animation
- Credit: Archant
A Barking and Dagenham College student has won a £1,500 bursary to go to the University of East London.
Kelsey Connor, from Dagenham, was chosen by the Helena Kennedy Foundation after being put forward by her tutors.
From September, she will begin a foundation degree in animation, becoming the first of her family to go on to degree-level education.
Competition for the bursary is tough – the foundation, based at the university, receives 400 applications every year of which 100 are successful.
Kelsey said: “To be chosen out of so many applicants is great, I couldn’t believe it when I found out.
You may also want to watch:
“This bursary award will really take the pressure off me and allow me to focus on my studies.”
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham