Barking and Dagenham college students get work experience in Prague
- Credit: Archant
Thirteen Barking students got to practice their linguistic and business skills in Czech Republic.
The students, who attend the Technical Skills Academy, in Barking, did work experience in various organisations in Prague for three weeks, as part of Barking and Dagenham College’s Career Ready programme.
All the students returned home last week with great references, some even with job offers and were delighted with the opportunity that the trip provided them with.
Dilon Beqa, co-ordinator for the Career Ready programme, said: “Once again we can be very proud of our students.
“All their employers were delighted with how they performed and importantly the students really enjoyed their time in Prague.
You may also want to watch:
“It has given them some great work experience which they can now add to their CVs and also it has prepared them for the Career Ready four weeks summer internship in London.”
- 1 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 2 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 5 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder