Barking and Dagenham college students get work experience in Prague
- Credit: Archant
Thirteen Barking students got to practice their linguistic and business skills in Czech Republic.
The students, who attend the Technical Skills Academy, in Barking, did work experience in various organisations in Prague for three weeks, as part of Barking and Dagenham College’s Career Ready programme.
All the students returned home last week with great references, some even with job offers and were delighted with the opportunity that the trip provided them with.
Dilon Beqa, co-ordinator for the Career Ready programme, said: “Once again we can be very proud of our students.
“All their employers were delighted with how they performed and importantly the students really enjoyed their time in Prague.
You may also want to watch:
“It has given them some great work experience which they can now add to their CVs and also it has prepared them for the Career Ready four weeks summer internship in London.”
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences