Barking and Dagenham College welcomes Malaysian VIPs
- Credit: Archant
Barking and Dagenham College has played host to VIP guests from the other side of the world.
The further education college which has campuses in Barking and Rush Green welcomed visitors from Malaysia on Wednesday in a trip organised by the Department for International Trade.
The group of Malaysian early childhood care and education professionals met with the college’s assistant principal for health and science industries, Ann McDaniel.
They were joined by official’s from the Asian country’s ministry of education and ministry of women, family and community development.
Following a tour of the campus and presentation on the college’s early years curriculum, Ann said: “Our Malaysian guests asked a lot of questions and were impressed with the curriculum, the support we provide our learners and our facilities.
You may also want to watch:
“They want to collaborate with us to support the development of their early years education and have invited us to visit them in Malaysia.”
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Barking and Dagenham goes two weeks without Covid-19 deaths
- 10 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder