Barking and Dagenham College welcomes Malaysian VIPs
- Credit: Archant
Barking and Dagenham College has played host to VIP guests from the other side of the world.
The further education college which has campuses in Barking and Rush Green welcomed visitors from Malaysia on Wednesday in a trip organised by the Department for International Trade.
The group of Malaysian early childhood care and education professionals met with the college’s assistant principal for health and science industries, Ann McDaniel.
They were joined by official’s from the Asian country’s ministry of education and ministry of women, family and community development.
Following a tour of the campus and presentation on the college’s early years curriculum, Ann said: “Our Malaysian guests asked a lot of questions and were impressed with the curriculum, the support we provide our learners and our facilities.
You may also want to watch:
“They want to collaborate with us to support the development of their early years education and have invited us to visit them in Malaysia.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012