Barking and Dagenham College wins award for preparing students for work in the creative industries
- Credit: Kate Bishop
Barking and Dagenham College was named as a champion of skills and training in the creative industries at an awards ceremony this week.
The award was in recognition of the college’s work ensuring the college’s work ensuring students have the necessary skills to work in the creative industries.
Principal and chief executive Yvonne Kelly collected the award on before of the college in front of a crowd of 200 at the Creative and Cultural Skills national Conference at The Lowry in Stratford.
Judges commented: “They have shown great success in helping young people to gain industry relevant skills and training. Their commitment to apprenticeships and work with industry has ensured that
these experiences have strengthened their students’ opportunities for employment.”
You may also want to watch:
Katie Morgan, who works in the college’s creative and cultural department, said: “I’m so proud of the Creative and Cultural Industries team and one of the achievements of the creative and digital students at Barking and Dagenham College.”
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 10 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations