Barking and Dagenham College wins award for preparing students for work in the creative industries
- Credit: Kate Bishop
Barking and Dagenham College was named as a champion of skills and training in the creative industries at an awards ceremony this week.
The award was in recognition of the college’s work ensuring the college’s work ensuring students have the necessary skills to work in the creative industries.
Principal and chief executive Yvonne Kelly collected the award on before of the college in front of a crowd of 200 at the Creative and Cultural Skills national Conference at The Lowry in Stratford.
Judges commented: “They have shown great success in helping young people to gain industry relevant skills and training. Their commitment to apprenticeships and work with industry has ensured that
these experiences have strengthened their students’ opportunities for employment.”
You may also want to watch:
Katie Morgan, who works in the college’s creative and cultural department, said: “I’m so proud of the Creative and Cultural Industries team and one of the achievements of the creative and digital students at Barking and Dagenham College.”
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 4 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 5 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 10 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show