Festival of Learning lets you try something new
- Credit: Archant
Have you always fancied learning another language or creating your own t-shirt?
Tomorrow is the start of the Festival of Learning which sees Barking and Dagenham Council offering a series of free taster sessions for residents to try something new.
The festival is being organised by the Adult College of Barking and Dagenham and runs to next Sunday.
The events will take place at the college's Barking Campus on Ripple Road, Dagenham Campus on Parsloes Avenue, and at sites around the borough.
Councillor Sade Bright, cabinet member for employment, skills and aspiration said: "There's a wonderful saying that you are never too old to learn - and this event proves just that.
You may also want to watch:
"There is something on to suit all ages during the festival and I'd urge everybody to take the chance to try something new.
"Our borough's schools and colleges are proving time and time again to be excelling in their field, so to be able to offer a wide choice of courses, both full and part-time, can only be good for local people."
For the full programme of events taking place during the Festival of Learning, visit newsiteadultcollege.lbbd.gov.uk.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 6 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 9 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 10 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford