Festival of Learning lets you try something new
- Credit: Archant
Have you always fancied learning another language or creating your own t-shirt?
Tomorrow is the start of the Festival of Learning which sees Barking and Dagenham Council offering a series of free taster sessions for residents to try something new.
The festival is being organised by the Adult College of Barking and Dagenham and runs to next Sunday.
The events will take place at the college's Barking Campus on Ripple Road, Dagenham Campus on Parsloes Avenue, and at sites around the borough.
Councillor Sade Bright, cabinet member for employment, skills and aspiration said: "There's a wonderful saying that you are never too old to learn - and this event proves just that.
You may also want to watch:
"There is something on to suit all ages during the festival and I'd urge everybody to take the chance to try something new.
"Our borough's schools and colleges are proving time and time again to be excelling in their field, so to be able to offer a wide choice of courses, both full and part-time, can only be good for local people."
For the full programme of events taking place during the Festival of Learning, visit newsiteadultcollege.lbbd.gov.uk.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted