Festival of Learning lets you try something new
- Credit: Archant
Have you always fancied learning another language or creating your own t-shirt?
Tomorrow is the start of the Festival of Learning which sees Barking and Dagenham Council offering a series of free taster sessions for residents to try something new.
The festival is being organised by the Adult College of Barking and Dagenham and runs to next Sunday.
The events will take place at the college's Barking Campus on Ripple Road, Dagenham Campus on Parsloes Avenue, and at sites around the borough.
Councillor Sade Bright, cabinet member for employment, skills and aspiration said: "There's a wonderful saying that you are never too old to learn - and this event proves just that.
You may also want to watch:
"There is something on to suit all ages during the festival and I'd urge everybody to take the chance to try something new.
"Our borough's schools and colleges are proving time and time again to be excelling in their field, so to be able to offer a wide choice of courses, both full and part-time, can only be good for local people."
For the full programme of events taking place during the Festival of Learning, visit newsiteadultcollege.lbbd.gov.uk.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences