Barking and Dagenham filmmakers recreate Hollywood images for the Olympics
Budding filmmakers have recreated iconic images capturing truces in Hollywood movies for the Olympics.
The Barking and Dagenham youths spent a month recreating the “tableaux” from features including Rush Hour, the Twilight film Eclipse and Step Up 3.
Short films showing how they reproduced the images in Barking and Dagenham are to be shown on giant BBC screens around the country to mark the London Olympics.
The eight shorts feature the original still from the movie and the recreated image.
Project leader Simon Grennan, 26, said: “They were one of the most sparkling and creative groups I have every worked with. We had such fun. This was about stretching creativity.”
Twelve youths aged 14 to 20 worked on the eight Truce! Tableaux in April.
The tableaux were also inspired by scenes from The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers, Chicken Run, Blades of Glory, Bridesmaids and the Fast & Furious film Fast 5.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 3 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 4 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 5 Dodgy landlord ordered to pay £64k over illegal HMO on Ripple Road
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 8 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 9 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 10 An afternoon you will remember: Alcohol-free comedy club returns to east London