Barking and Dagenham filmmakers recreate Hollywood images for the Olympics
Budding filmmakers have recreated iconic images capturing truces in Hollywood movies for the Olympics.
The Barking and Dagenham youths spent a month recreating the “tableaux” from features including Rush Hour, the Twilight film Eclipse and Step Up 3.
Short films showing how they reproduced the images in Barking and Dagenham are to be shown on giant BBC screens around the country to mark the London Olympics.
The eight shorts feature the original still from the movie and the recreated image.
Project leader Simon Grennan, 26, said: “They were one of the most sparkling and creative groups I have every worked with. We had such fun. This was about stretching creativity.”
You may also want to watch:
Twelve youths aged 14 to 20 worked on the eight Truce! Tableaux in April.
The tableaux were also inspired by scenes from The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers, Chicken Run, Blades of Glory, Bridesmaids and the Fast & Furious film Fast 5.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 9 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 10 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking