Barking and Dagenham filmmakers recreate Hollywood images for the Olympics
Budding filmmakers have recreated iconic images capturing truces in Hollywood movies for the Olympics.
The Barking and Dagenham youths spent a month recreating the “tableaux” from features including Rush Hour, the Twilight film Eclipse and Step Up 3.
Short films showing how they reproduced the images in Barking and Dagenham are to be shown on giant BBC screens around the country to mark the London Olympics.
The eight shorts feature the original still from the movie and the recreated image.
Project leader Simon Grennan, 26, said: “They were one of the most sparkling and creative groups I have every worked with. We had such fun. This was about stretching creativity.”
You may also want to watch:
Twelve youths aged 14 to 20 worked on the eight Truce! Tableaux in April.
The tableaux were also inspired by scenes from The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers, Chicken Run, Blades of Glory, Bridesmaids and the Fast & Furious film Fast 5.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall