Barking and Dagenham handball team pick up gold at youth games
Girls from a Barking and Dagenham handball team triumphed at a London-wide sporting event.
The team, from Barking Abbey Secondary School, beat Hackney, Richmond and Southwark to win gold at a London Youth Games tournament at the National Sports Centre, Crystal Palace, south London.
Ismael Arrate, who coached the girls, praised his players.
He said: “They worked really well as a team. They listened and managed to get great success.
“They had very good teamwork and cohesion and everybody got along and worked well together.”
You may also want to watch:
The girls’ tournament impressed watching Great Britain player Louise Jukes, who said: “The London Youth Games is a properly-run tournament so it’s nice for them to win medals and be able to have everyone watching and encouraging.”
The London Youth Games in an on-going multi-sport event for youngsters aged seven to 18.
- 1 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 2 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 3 Patrols target antisocial behaviour in Barking town centre
- 4 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 5 Mum of girl with rare genetic condition vows to keep raising awareness
- 6 What is changing when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 9 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog