Applications open for primary school places in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Parents with children aged between three and four years old due to start school next year can apply for primary places from Thursday.
Although parents won’t find out if they secured a spot until April, they must apply by Tuesday, January 15.
Late applications could mean parents are less likely to bag a preferred place for their child.
“Choosing your child’s first school is a very exciting time but also an important one,” said Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, the council’s education spokeswoman.
“I want to encourage all parents to take this process seriously and use all six preferences.”
You may also want to watch:
The deadline applies to children born between September 1 2014 and August 31 2015.
Those confused about the process can attend special sessions every Tuesday at Dagenham Library, in Church Elm Lane, and Thursdays at Barking Library, in the Town Square, from 9am to 4pm. These run until Tuesday, January 15.
You can apply for your child’s place online here.
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 3 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 10 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks