Applications open for primary school places in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Parents with children aged between three and four years old due to start school next year can apply for primary places from Thursday.
Although parents won’t find out if they secured a spot until April, they must apply by Tuesday, January 15.
Late applications could mean parents are less likely to bag a preferred place for their child.
“Choosing your child’s first school is a very exciting time but also an important one,” said Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, the council’s education spokeswoman.
“I want to encourage all parents to take this process seriously and use all six preferences.”
The deadline applies to children born between September 1 2014 and August 31 2015.
Those confused about the process can attend special sessions every Tuesday at Dagenham Library, in Church Elm Lane, and Thursdays at Barking Library, in the Town Square, from 9am to 4pm. These run until Tuesday, January 15.
You can apply for your child’s place online here.
- 1 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 2 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 3 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 6 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 7 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 8 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 9 McMahon 'really disappointed' to see Dagenham & Redbridge defeated by Stockport
- 10 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy