Applications open for primary school places in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Parents with children aged between three and four years old due to start school next year can apply for primary places from Thursday.
Although parents won’t find out if they secured a spot until April, they must apply by Tuesday, January 15.
Late applications could mean parents are less likely to bag a preferred place for their child.
“Choosing your child’s first school is a very exciting time but also an important one,” said Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, the council’s education spokeswoman.
“I want to encourage all parents to take this process seriously and use all six preferences.”
You may also want to watch:
The deadline applies to children born between September 1 2014 and August 31 2015.
Those confused about the process can attend special sessions every Tuesday at Dagenham Library, in Church Elm Lane, and Thursdays at Barking Library, in the Town Square, from 9am to 4pm. These run until Tuesday, January 15.
You can apply for your child’s place online here.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 4 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 5 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 6 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 7 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 8 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 9 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 10 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed