Barking and Dagenham school closures - latest
Only a handful of the borough schools will not be affected by industrial action over planned changes to teachers pensions tomorrow.
At 3pm on Wednesday, the borough’s 10 secondary schools, as well as 11 other schools, would be closed.
Five will remain open, 30 will be partially open and one may or may not remain open. A spokesman for the council said the situation was very “fluid” and he could not name the schools that would or would not remain open.
The council website stated on Tuesday the following primary schools will close:
Hunters Hall Primary; St Joseph’s Catholic Primary (Dagenham); Thomas Arnold Primary; Trinity; William Ford Junior
Partially closed: Beam Primary; Becontree Primary; Cambell Infant, Dorothy Barley Infant, Furze Infant; Henry Green Primary; Manor Infant; Marks Gate Junior; Marsh Green Primary; Northbury Infant; Parsloes Primary; St Joseph’s Catholic Primary (Barking)
Members of the National Union of Teachers, the Association of Teachers and Lecturers and the University and College Union are expected to picket at Barking and Dagenham College, Dagenham Road, and Hunters Hall Primary School in Alibon Road, Dagenham.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Man in critical condition after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 4 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
- 5 Woman taken to hospital after Dagenham Heathway station incident
- 6 One man injured after A13 crash involving car, van and lorry
- 7 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 8 Woman hospitalised after Dagenham garden bonfire gets out of control
- 9 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 10 David Adegbite murder: £20,000 reward offered over Barking carpark shooting
Parents are advised to visit www.lbbd.gov.uk/Education/SchoolStatus for updates.