Barking and Dagenham school closures - latest
Only a handful of the borough schools will not be affected by industrial action over planned changes to teachers pensions tomorrow.
At 3pm on Wednesday, the borough’s 10 secondary schools, as well as 11 other schools, would be closed.
Five will remain open, 30 will be partially open and one may or may not remain open. A spokesman for the council said the situation was very “fluid” and he could not name the schools that would or would not remain open.
The council website stated on Tuesday the following primary schools will close:
Hunters Hall Primary; St Joseph’s Catholic Primary (Dagenham); Thomas Arnold Primary; Trinity; William Ford Junior
You may also want to watch:
Partially closed: Beam Primary; Becontree Primary; Cambell Infant, Dorothy Barley Infant, Furze Infant; Henry Green Primary; Manor Infant; Marks Gate Junior; Marsh Green Primary; Northbury Infant; Parsloes Primary; St Joseph’s Catholic Primary (Barking)
Members of the National Union of Teachers, the Association of Teachers and Lecturers and the University and College Union are expected to picket at Barking and Dagenham College, Dagenham Road, and Hunters Hall Primary School in Alibon Road, Dagenham.
- 1 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 2 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 3 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 4 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 5 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 9 London Assembly member seeks Met assurances over Euro 2020 'disorder'
- 10 Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
Parents are advised to visit www.lbbd.gov.uk/Education/SchoolStatus for updates.