Barking and Dagenham secondary school places allocated today
- Credit: Archant
Students and parents across the borough will find out if they’ve gotten into their first choice of secondary school today.
Forms were submitted in October with a list of six places, ranked in order of preference, of which schools pupils wanted to attend.
Today is results day – and parents of Year Six pupils will receive an email or letter informing them of their child’s future, for the next eight years at least.
Children who don’t get their preferred offer may appeal.
Last year, three quarters of Barking and Dagenham’s pupils received their first choice offer.
You may also want to watch:
Did your child get into their chosen school? Let us know by tweeting @eastlondonadvertiser, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 020 8477 3789.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out