Barking and Dagenham student chefs cooking up a treat for Expo
Students from the Barking and Dagenham College are getting ready to show off their skills at a high-profile business event.
They will help out at the East London Business to Business Exhibition, with duties ranging from marshalling the car park, to welcoming visitors as well as preparing and serving food and drink.
Kevin Sedge, a second year trainee chef, said: “It’s something that doesn’t happen every day – an opportunity to prepare proper fresh food at a professional level, catering for a high profile business event.
“It’ll be a challenge and I’ll feel really proud to know that I will have achieved that.”
The East London Business to Business Exhibition takes place at Sanofi May and Baker Club from 10am until 6pm on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Entrance is free for business visitors.
n For more information visit www.eastlondonexpo.co.uk.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences