Barking and Dagenham students rehearse for Olympic ceremonies
Talented students have been turning up to a circus top in Dagenham in their dozens to rehearse for the �27million Olympic opening ceremony.
Pupils from 10 Barking and Dagenham schools have been getting ready for the Games at the Dagenham space, which features a replica of the Olympic Stadium.
About 20,000 people are to rehearse for the Olympic and Paralympic opening and closing ceremonies at the former Ford site in Kent Avenue.
All Saints Secondary, Hunters Hall Primary, Grafton Junior and Warren Junior will take part in the Olympic opening ceremony, organisers have confirmed.
Meanwhile, Dagenham Park, Jo Richardson and Barking Abbey secondaries as well as William Ford Junior and Roding Primary are set to join the Olympic closing ceremony and Trinity Special School the Paralympic opening ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
Julian Hawkins, 49, of G&K Houlton butchers in Gale Street, Dagenham, said: “Everything has got to be rehearsed. If you go by Beijing, a lot of work went into it. They have got to have rehearsals.”
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham