Barking and Dagenham students rehearse for Olympic ceremonies
Talented students have been turning up to a circus top in Dagenham in their dozens to rehearse for the �27million Olympic opening ceremony.
Pupils from 10 Barking and Dagenham schools have been getting ready for the Games at the Dagenham space, which features a replica of the Olympic Stadium.
About 20,000 people are to rehearse for the Olympic and Paralympic opening and closing ceremonies at the former Ford site in Kent Avenue.
All Saints Secondary, Hunters Hall Primary, Grafton Junior and Warren Junior will take part in the Olympic opening ceremony, organisers have confirmed.
Meanwhile, Dagenham Park, Jo Richardson and Barking Abbey secondaries as well as William Ford Junior and Roding Primary are set to join the Olympic closing ceremony and Trinity Special School the Paralympic opening ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
Julian Hawkins, 49, of G&K Houlton butchers in Gale Street, Dagenham, said: “Everything has got to be rehearsed. If you go by Beijing, a lot of work went into it. They have got to have rehearsals.”
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites