Barking and Dagenham students rehearse for Olympic ceremonies
Talented students have been turning up to a circus top in Dagenham in their dozens to rehearse for the �27million Olympic opening ceremony.
Pupils from 10 Barking and Dagenham schools have been getting ready for the Games at the Dagenham space, which features a replica of the Olympic Stadium.
About 20,000 people are to rehearse for the Olympic and Paralympic opening and closing ceremonies at the former Ford site in Kent Avenue.
All Saints Secondary, Hunters Hall Primary, Grafton Junior and Warren Junior will take part in the Olympic opening ceremony, organisers have confirmed.
Meanwhile, Dagenham Park, Jo Richardson and Barking Abbey secondaries as well as William Ford Junior and Roding Primary are set to join the Olympic closing ceremony and Trinity Special School the Paralympic opening ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
Julian Hawkins, 49, of G&K Houlton butchers in Gale Street, Dagenham, said: “Everything has got to be rehearsed. If you go by Beijing, a lot of work went into it. They have got to have rehearsals.”
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 10 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations