Barking and Dagenham students showcase circus float in London New Year’s parade
- Credit: Wow marketing
Students from Barking and Dagenham College put their design skills into action by creating a stunning float for London’s New Year’s Day Parade.
The float represents Barking and Dagenham in the televised competition between the capital’s boroughs.
Floats in this year’s parade are following the theme ‘Roll up, Roll up to the greatest show on Earth!’
The Dagenham Road, Dagenham further education college adorned their entry with a circus train travelling to town.
A team of 15 students helped design and build the float. Creative arts students drew, designed and painted the float for work experience, based on a briefing from the Mayor’s Office.
You may also want to watch:
Others used their carpentry and decorating skills to turn the resigns into reality.
Paul Schofield, curriculum manager at the college, said the float “represents the energy of the students”.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 5 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Dagenham restaurant excited to celebrate return of diners 'safely together'
- 8 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
More than 8,500 performers from 20 countries are taking part in this year’s parade.