Barking and Dagenham students showcase circus float in London New Year’s parade
- Credit: Wow marketing
Students from Barking and Dagenham College put their design skills into action by creating a stunning float for London’s New Year’s Day Parade.
The float represents Barking and Dagenham in the televised competition between the capital’s boroughs.
Floats in this year’s parade are following the theme ‘Roll up, Roll up to the greatest show on Earth!’
The Dagenham Road, Dagenham further education college adorned their entry with a circus train travelling to town.
A team of 15 students helped design and build the float. Creative arts students drew, designed and painted the float for work experience, based on a briefing from the Mayor’s Office.
You may also want to watch:
Others used their carpentry and decorating skills to turn the resigns into reality.
Paul Schofield, curriculum manager at the college, said the float “represents the energy of the students”.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 4 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 7 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 8 Barking and Dagenham racks up most blue badge-related fines, study shows
- 9 Admissions open for new Barking school
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
More than 8,500 performers from 20 countries are taking part in this year’s parade.