Barking and Dagenham students showcase circus float in London New Year’s parade
- Credit: Wow marketing
Students from Barking and Dagenham College put their design skills into action by creating a stunning float for London’s New Year’s Day Parade.
The float represents Barking and Dagenham in the televised competition between the capital’s boroughs.
Floats in this year’s parade are following the theme ‘Roll up, Roll up to the greatest show on Earth!’
The Dagenham Road, Dagenham further education college adorned their entry with a circus train travelling to town.
A team of 15 students helped design and build the float. Creative arts students drew, designed and painted the float for work experience, based on a briefing from the Mayor’s Office.
Others used their carpentry and decorating skills to turn the resigns into reality.
Paul Schofield, curriculum manager at the college, said the float “represents the energy of the students”.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 4 Man in critical condition after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 5 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after Dagenham Heathway station incident
- 7 One man injured after A13 crash involving car, van and lorry
- 8 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 9 Woman hospitalised after Dagenham garden bonfire gets out of control
- 10 David Adegbite murder: £20,000 reward offered over Barking carpark shooting
More than 8,500 performers from 20 countries are taking part in this year’s parade.