Barking and Dagenham students showcase circus float in London New Year’s parade
- Credit: Wow marketing
Students from Barking and Dagenham College put their design skills into action by creating a stunning float for London’s New Year’s Day Parade.
The float represents Barking and Dagenham in the televised competition between the capital’s boroughs.
Floats in this year’s parade are following the theme ‘Roll up, Roll up to the greatest show on Earth!’
The Dagenham Road, Dagenham further education college adorned their entry with a circus train travelling to town.
A team of 15 students helped design and build the float. Creative arts students drew, designed and painted the float for work experience, based on a briefing from the Mayor’s Office.
You may also want to watch:
Others used their carpentry and decorating skills to turn the resigns into reality.
Paul Schofield, curriculum manager at the college, said the float “represents the energy of the students”.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
More than 8,500 performers from 20 countries are taking part in this year’s parade.