Teacher training centre opens at training school in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A new teacher training centre has opened in Chadwell Heath.
The Aspire Education Alliance Teaching School opened at Warren Junior School last month to provide training for trainee and qualified teachers.
Warren Junior is both a primary and teaching school, meaning staff can be trained while at the school. It currently has eight trainee staff members, and has trained 30 teachers. All but one gained their first teaching position in the borough.
Last year, Warren Junior hosted nearly 60 teacher training courses for staff from Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Havering, Newham and Thurrock.
Councillor Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for education, said: “I am very proud to see that one of our outstanding schools is leading the way in providing educational courses for teachers in and out of the borough.
You may also want to watch:
“We are committed to working closely with our family of schools to continue to ensure the best for our children and young people.”
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 7 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 10 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment