Teacher training centre opens at training school in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A new teacher training centre has opened in Chadwell Heath.
The Aspire Education Alliance Teaching School opened at Warren Junior School last month to provide training for trainee and qualified teachers.
Warren Junior is both a primary and teaching school, meaning staff can be trained while at the school. It currently has eight trainee staff members, and has trained 30 teachers. All but one gained their first teaching position in the borough.
Last year, Warren Junior hosted nearly 60 teacher training courses for staff from Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Havering, Newham and Thurrock.
Councillor Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for education, said: “I am very proud to see that one of our outstanding schools is leading the way in providing educational courses for teachers in and out of the borough.
You may also want to watch:
“We are committed to working closely with our family of schools to continue to ensure the best for our children and young people.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Letter: Climate change and the floods